Measure protein analytes with high specificity and sensitivity
Invitrogen™ ProQuantum™ high-sensitivity immunoassays are a new line of ready-to-use kits that provide an easy method of measuring protein analytes with high specificity and sensitivity using a very small amount of sample. The assay workflow is simple, with only one antibody incubation step and no washing prior to placing the plate in any qPCR instrument for signal detection. The data analysis is performed on newly designed, free cloud-based software. This is an affordable, scalable open platform that provides easy accessibility for every researcher who wants to measure protein concentrations.
- High sensitivity – detect low levels of proteins with greater sensitivity than other traditional methods like ELISA
- Low sample consumption – use 2–5 µL of sample (e.g., 2 µL vs. 75 µL for triplicate wells with other methods)
- Fast, easy workflow – no wash steps, typically 2 hours from sample to results
- Broad dynamic range – ≥5 logarithmic units, minimizing the need to dilute samples to fall within the range
- No expensive, proprietary instrument to purchase – runs on any qPCR instrument
- Includes intuitive, free cloud-based software – for easy, robust data analysis and statistical groupwise comparison
How does it work?
ProQuantum immunoassays utilize proximity ligation assay (PLA™) technology to combine antigen–antibody binding for analyte detection with qPCR signal amplification and readout.
The assay is a two-step process:
A. Analyte binding by paired antibodies conjugated to oligonucleotides:
Two antibody conjugates are provided in each kit: a 3´ end oligonucleotide and a 5´ end oligonucleotide, each conjugated to a target-specific antibody. When the antibody pair binds to two different epitopes of the protein, the 3´ and 5´ oligos come into close proximity.
B. Ligation of the oligonucleotides by DNA ligase and amplification by Applied Biosystems™ TaqMan® qPCR Assay
Only when the pair of antibodies binds to the analyte (A) can the associated oligos become bound to the complementary splint oligo and subseqently joined to each other with DNA ligase (B). Following the oligo ligation, 95°C heat inactivation denatures the ligase, antibodies, and other proteins, leaving 100-base strands in concentrations proportional to the level of antibody–analyte binding in the first stage. This 100- base DNA strand serves as the amplification template for 40 cycles of qPCR using TaqMan Assays.
Key Questions Answered
- Sample Size Worries?
- Wondering if your limited samples are sufficient? ProQuantum™ immunoassays offer high precision even with minimal sample volumes.
- Microscopic Protein Levels?
- Dive into the realm of minuscule protein amounts effortlessly. ProQuantum™ provides a cutting-edge method for measuring trace amounts with unmatched sensitivity.
- Need for Speed?
- Say goodbye to lengthy procedures! Experience a faster protein measurement workflow – from sample to results in just 2 hours.
- Protein vs. mRNA Data?
- Uncover correlations between protein levels and mRNA data, gaining a comprehensive understanding of your biological samples.