Ion Torrent™ Oncomine™ liquid biopsy assays are highly sensitive, multi-biomarker next-generation sequencing (NGS) assays that enable molecular insights into tumor evolution and detection of the primary driver and resistance mutations for clinical research. The high-value gene content includes key mutations identified by the OncoNetwork consortium and other clinical researchers around the world.
Based on multiplex PCR, our proprietary technology together with Ion Torrent™ sequencing enables researchers to study biomarkers that may impact treatment selection, treatment monitoring, and recurrence monitoring in the future
Key features of the assay are:
• Enables analysis of variants across 161 genes
• Detection of SNVs, CNVs, gene fusions, and indels
• Robust performance from as little as 10 ng per pool (40 ng total) isolated from FFPE samples including fine needle biopsies
• Characterized with molecular standards and controls
• Content driven by the Oncomine Knowledgebase and experienced scientists helps assure coverage of key targets aligned to published evidence
Oncomine Comprehensive assays, based on Ion Ampliseq technology and enabled by the Ion Torrent sequencing platforms, provide:
- Relevant content based on evidence from Oncomine Knowledgebase, a proprietary genomic database curated over a decade and cited thousands of times for oncology research, and from collaboration with leading oncology research institutions and pharma companies
- Multiple biomarker type analysis including hotspot SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene fusions across a range of cancer types
- Proven and reliable performance with high specificity, sensitivity, and reproducibility across different research laboratories, enabled by the robust design and enhanced manufacturing quality of reagents in our ISO13485-compliant facility, including enhanced QC
- Robust results from even those challenging FFPE tissue samples, including FNAs, with sample input as low as 10 ngs of DNA and RNA
- Efficient workflow on Ion Chef System plus Ion GeneStudio S5 or Ion Torrent Genexus system with high multiplexing flexibility and fast time to results
- Enhanced bioinformatics and reporting solutions developed for the Ion Torrent platforms and optimized Oncomine assays, including Oncomine Reporter, enabling contextual investigation of sample-specific variants to understand their relevance in the latest oncology research
Which Oncomine Comprehensive assay fits your clinical research needs?
Compare and contrast the Oncomine Comprehensive Assay Plus and the Oncomine Comprehensive Assay v3. Follow the links below to see performance data and learn more about each assay.
Oncomine Solutions Flyer